Best Band Saws And Reviews
For this post, we have put together a selection of the best band saws that currently available.
After putting in hundreds of hours of research on 180 different bands saw and testing dozens of them over the past four years, we have found that the JET JWBS-14DXPRO 14-Inch band saw and WEN 3962 Two-Speed Band Saw are Great and best band saws for most people in most wood worker’s house.
Had you known how versatile band saws can be? These tools can be the perfect option for cutting metal, wood, plastic, and even meat! You can use them in your workshop, but many of them serve for commercial purposes. The question that remains is what is the best band saw out there?
That is the question we will try to answer in our band saw reviews, but we won’t stop there! You will also have the chance of reading the most detailed buying guide available online. We carefully analyzed various types and features of band saws so that we can assist you in choosing the right model. By the end of this guide, you should have all relevant information on these saws, which will make it possible to make a smart decision when purchasing.
If you want a Hurry? Without any doubt Here’s Our Best Choice for Best Circular Saw:
Band Saw is a powerful tool and it doesn’t come cheap. It is considered the king in the world of saws when designing with wood. If you are a serious woodworker you must invest in the best band saws of 2019. These machines are used to cut a variety of materials in woodworking, metalworking as well as lumbering. They are the best if you want to cut irregular shapes like a jigsaw and you can even cut lumber into thinner slabs by re-sawing or ripping. It is the main woodcutting tool of lumber sawyers, furniture makers, and wooden boat builders.
If you are looking to cut timber, band saw should be your first choice as it is easy to set up, safe and extremely versatile.
If you’re a DIYer or professional this is a true game-changer for every woodworker and a great power tool to have in the personal home collection. So if you want to purchase a band saw, you must check what it can be mainly used for, what are pros, cons of each.
We carefully looked at five of the most popular saws and tested them according to our rigorous standards. Our bandsaw reviews will let you know what saws to pass on and which ones are worth your investment. Finally, Our this guide of choosing a band saw for small woodshops will do the job for you. Here our circular saw review
So, here are our elected best band saws that you can get knowledge about these products and buy.
1. JET JWBS-14DXPRO 14-Inch Deluxe Pro Band Saw Kit
The JET 14 inch. Deluxe Band Saw shown with an optional fence is designed to meet the needs of today’s most demanding woodworkers. There is no need to add a riser block this 14 inch. the band saw comes with a massive cast iron frame for increased power that makes it ready to meet all resaw applications head-on.
- A new high tension spring design.
- Cutting Depth at 90 inch 12.
- Cutting Angles 10 left, 45 rights.
- Cutting Capacity SFPM 1,500/3,000.
- Stand Included Yes.
- Variable Speed No.
- 2-speed poly-V belt drive system.
- Newly designed upper and lower cast iron frame for increased strength and rigidity.
- Easy to view blade tracking window.
- Blade guide post with rack pinion adjustment.
- Upper and lower ball bearing guides reduce friction for longer blade life.
- Quick-release blade tension for convenience.
- Enclosed stand with storage shelf and easy access door.
- Built-in retractable blade guard moves up and down from 0-12inch.
2. WEN 3962 Two-Speed Band Saw with Stand and Work light, 10"
Remember when power tools were actually powerful? Reminiscent of your Grandpa’s best band saws, the WEN 10-Inch Two-Speed Band Saw is the perfect companion for any workshop.
- This Band Saw has a 3.5-amp motor and a 9-3/4 inch throat.
- This beast will attack boards with cuts up to six inches deep and 9-3/4 inches wide.
- Two-speed operation allows for speeds of either 1520 or 2620 FPM.
- A Feature The design of this saw uses 72-inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 1/2 inches in size for a variety of both intricate and powerful cuts.
- The spacious work table measures in at 14 x 12-1/2 inches in size and can be swiveled up to 45 degrees.
- This package includes a flexible work light to illuminate the worktable.
- A 3-in-1 dust port to fit a variety of dust extractor hoses (1-3/4, 2-3/4, 4 inches).
- A fence for creating straight cuts and a miter gauge for angled cuts.
- Ball-bearings give the blade smooth operation and a long lasting life for years of dependable service.
- The easy-to-assemble stand elevates the band saw without sacrificing space on the shop’s work bench. And because it’s a WEN product.
- Your WEN 10-Inch 2-Speed Band Saw comes backed by a 2-year warranty.
- A nationwide network of skilled service technicians and a friendly and helpful customer phone line all to make sure you remember WEN.
- Remember when you had a versatile and powerful woodworking saw? Remember WEN.
3. WEN 3959 2.5-Amp 9-Inch Benchtop Band Saw
Remember when you had a saw that was both compact and powerful? The WEN 9-Inch Benchtop Band Saw attacks boards with cuts up to 3-1/2 inches deep and 9 inches wide.
- 5 amp motor rotates the blade up to 2500 feet per minute.
- Create cuts up to 3-1/2 inches deep and 9 inches wide.
- Uses 59-1/2 inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 3/8 inches in size.
- Spacious 12-1/4 x 11-7/8 inch work table bevels up to 45 degrees.
- A 1/4-inch-wide blade.
- A 2-1/2 inch dust port.
- A mitre gauge and a two-year warranty.
- Ball-bearings give the blade smooth operation and long lasting life for years of dependable service. And because it’s a WEN product.
- A nationwide network of skilled service technicians and a friendly and helpful customer phone line all to make sure you remember WEN.
4. Makita XBP02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Portable Band Saw, Tool Only
The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Portable Band Saw (model XBP02Z, tool only) delivers cordless metal cutting power to the job site. The XBP02Z has a Makita-built high torque motor and a compact design with less weight for a range of cutting applications in a variety of metal materials. It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery.
- 4-3/4″ cutting capacity accepts a 44-7/8″ blade and is ideal for cutting multiple metal materials.
- Makita-built motor delivers faster cutting with variable speed 275-530 ft./min.
- Protection circuit with built-in alert light provides over-torque motor protection warning for increased durability.
- Trigger switch with lock-off feature requires two actions to power on the band saw.
- Conveniently located variable speed control dial enables the user to match the speed to the application.
- The Makita 18V LXT battery has the fastest charge time in its category, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
- The XBP02Z features a Makita-built high torque motor and a 6-setting variable speed control dial that delivers a no-load speed of 275-530 ft./min.
- The XBP02Z features Compact design at 20-5/8″ long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue.
- It is built in L.E.D. light that illuminates the work area for more efficient work, As well as rubber bumpers and a removable hook.
- It is perfect for electrical, HVAC, installation, metal building, metal fabrication, plumbing, and any pro contractor who requires a best-in-class engineered cordless portable band saw.
Don’t forget to buy This Saw Blade.
5. SKIL 3386-01 2.5-Amp 9-Inch Band Saw
For cutting irregular shapes and ripping lumber into thinner pieces, novice woodworkers will find the new 3386 SKIL 9-inch Band Saw with Light is essential for their workshop.
- A 2.5-Amp motor.
- A ribbed aluminium table with tilting adjustment ranging from 0 to 45.
- A blade guide adjustment for custom depth settings.
- This versatile band saw is intelligently designed with an attached flexible lamp for increased visibility and a mitre gauge.
- The table top is a full 11-13/16-inch square and the cutting depth is 3-1/8-inch with a throat depth of 9-inches.
- It comes with a flexible work light, blade, parallel guide, mitre gauge, and hex key.
- You’ll cut through a variety of wood materials with the 6-TPI blade.
- Make a quick angle and height changes with the rack and pinion adjustable table.
- EZ View Blade Tracking lets you easily align the blade.
- Other features include a rip fence for straight cuts and a mitre gauge for cross cuts.
- The dust port keeps your work area dust-free.
- The LED work light adjusts so that you can see exactly what you’re doing.
6. DEWALT DWM120K 10 Amp 5-Inch Deep Cut Portable Band Saw Kit table Ban
DEWALT Deep-Cut Portable Band Saw Kit features a powerful 10 amp motor with variable speed control for material-specific and application-specific cutting performance. Also offering an LED sight that indicates the cut line, ergonomic grip options, and an integrated hanging hook
- 10 amp motor designed with controlled power to withstand any jobsite application.
- 5″ deep cut capacity for round or rectangular stock Serviceable steel shroud.
- Rubber bumpers allow guards to withstand jobsite.
- LED sight light allows the user to see cut line in jobsite.
- Integrated hang hook allows user to hang the saw.
- Multi position adjustable large front handle offers the user plenty of hand space for a more accurate cut.
- Superior balance and ergonomics allows for more accurate cuts.
- Less user fatigue Blade tracking adjustment increases blade life by providing better blade tracking.
- Dual bearing blade guide rollers increase durability in the blade support system Durable and adjustable material guide allows the user to adjust for various jobsite.
- Blade changing lever loosens blade tension to allow for blade change.
7. DEWALT DCP580B 20V MAX Brushless Planer (Tool Only)
The DCP580B features a brushless motor for maximum efficiency and that helps to maintain speed under load. , the planer can be easily transported around the job site without the hassle of a cord
- Brushless motor which provides power and runtime of 32,000 cuts per minute.
- Calibrated depth adjustment knob to 5/64″ (2 mm approximately) and no-load speed is 15000 rpm.
- Precision-machined front and back aluminium shoes ensure parallelism of cut.
- Kickstand allows the user to rest the planer on the work surface without gouging the material.
- Poly-V drive belt provides increased belt durability.
- Battery & Charger Sold Separately.
- An ergonomically designed handle provides greater comfort and less user fatigue.
8. DEWALT DCS374B 20V Max Deep Cut Band Saw (Tool Only)
The DEWALT DCS374B 20v Max XR Deep Cut Band Saw features a 5” cut capacity to cut strut, pipe, angle iron, pipe and various other materials.
- LED Work Light with 20-second delay illuminates dark work surfaces for accurate cutting.
- Variable speed trigger and dial allow for versatility and control.
- Integrated hang hook allows the user to hang the saw without damaging the front handle or base.
- Integrated hanging hook.
- Tool-less blade changing lever loosens blade tension.
- DEWALT built the brushless motor for performance and durability.
- This band saw has an LED Work Light with a 20 second delay that illuminates dark work surfaces for accurate cutting.
9. DEWALT DCS371B 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Band Saw, Bare-Tool
The DEWALT DCS371M1 20V MAX lithium-ion band saw (bare tool)
- A 2-1/2″ cut capacity, and the ability to cut up to 2″ SCH 40 pipe.
- The centred handle position provides superior balance and ergonomics and allows for more accurate cuts and less user fatigue.
- A LED Work Light with 20-second delay illuminates dark work surfaces for accurate cutting.
- This unit has an integrated hang hook which allows users to hang the saw without damaging the front handle or base.
- The special blade tracking adjustment increases blade life by providing better blade tracking,
- The tool-less blade changing lever loosens blade tension to allow for easy blade changes.
- The dual bearing blade guide rollers provide increased durability in the blade support system.
- This band saw also has an ergonomic soft grip back handle which provides the user with comfort and flexibility.
10. Milwaukee 2429-21XC M12 Cordless Sub-Compact Band saw Kit
This M12 Band saw Kit. The Product is Easy to Use and Easy to Handle. The Product is highly durable.
- One-Handed Cuts: Most compact size and lightest weight of any cordless band saw.
- Powerful Motor: Cuts 3/4″ EMT in 3 seconds, up to 150 cuts per charge with the XC battery.
- Blade Length: 27” x ½” x .020″.
- 1-5/8″ Cut Capacity: For a wide range of applications.
- LED Light: Highlights the cut line.
- Meets OSHA Guarding Requirements: Suitable for One-Handed use.
- Blade Tension Adjustment: Adjustable blade tracking.
11. Milwaukee 6232-21 Deep Cut Band Saw W/Case (5619-20)
The deep cut band saw w/case. The product is easy to use and easy to handle. The product is highly durable. These Band Saws still deliver on the heritage of long-term reliability and performance that make Milwaukee Band Saws the standard in industrial metalworking.
- The deep cut band saw w/case.
- The product is easy to use and easy to handle.
- Power Source: corded-electric.
- The product is highly durable.
- These Band Saws still deliver on the heritage of long-term reliability.
- It has crush zone barriers that provide long lasting rugged protection.
- The all metal direct drive gearing system delivers maximum tool life
- A gear protecting clutch extends gear and motor life by absorbing high impact forces caused by blade lock-ups.
- A new debris protection system delivers longer pulley life by removing debris during use.
12. Grizzly G0555LX Deluxe Band saw, 14"
The G0555LX 14″ Deluxe Band saw has many of the same great specifications and features as our extremely popular G0555, but with the following notable differences: Computer-balanced cast-iron wheels Sturdy T-shape fence design. Certified to UL & CSA standards!
- The item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Precision-ground cast iron table.
- CSA certified meeting CSA C22
- Computer balanced cast iron wheels with rubber tires.
- Upper and lower ball bearing blade guides and thrust bearings.
- Open frame stand Includes 3/8″ blade.
- Extruded aluminium fence.
- Mitre gauge Rack-and-pinion guide post adjustment for upper blade guides.
- Prewired 110V.
13. Rikon 10-305 Band saw With Fence, 10-Inch
10” Band saw #10-305 is a favorite of woodworkers and hobbyists that do not require large cutting capacity and power for their projects or have limited shop space for a larger size band saw
- Solid Steel Design- The 10-305 is a scaled-down version of the popular 10-345 and 10-325.
- The frame is made of steel plate,
- Stronger than plastic frames used by other manufacturers
- Cast Iron Table-Large 13-3/4-Inch by 12-1/2-Inch sturdy work surface, a feature not typically found on a band saw of this size
- Rip Fence- A quality rip fence is now included.
- Easily removed to do freehand work
- Motor – 1/3HP motor provides ample power for cutting bowl and pen blanks
- Micro Adjustable Guide Post- Raise and lower the guide post height with the turn of a handle
- The large cast iron table
- Edge facing thrust bearings.
- A powerful 1/3 HP induction motor.
- 4-5/8 in cutting capacity.
- 5 amp motor.
- safety paddle switch.
- Cutting capacities: Height 4-5/8”, Width 9-5/8”.
14. DEWALT DW3983C 18 TPI Portable Band Saw Blade, 3-Pack
- Matrix II High-Speed Steel Edge for Heat and Wear Resistance
- 8% Cobalt Content For Added Durability & Wear
- Rc 65-67 Tooth Hardness For Increased Wear Resistance
- Alloy Steel Backer For Fatigue Resistance
- Ideal for thick metal, medium metal and thin gauge metal cutting
- Size: 32-7/8″ x 0.020″ 18 TPI
15. Timber Wolf Band saw Blade 3/4" X 131.5", 2-3 TPI
Timber Wolf’s use of premium Swedish steels, proprietary induction hardening methods and exclusive tooth milling processes has created some of the finest woodworking blades in the world
- Milled teeth are 50 PERCENT SHARPER than competitors stamped or crush ground blades
- Precision Induction hardening throughout the blade vs. competitors flame hardening
- Tooth edge is 20 PERCENT harder than any high carbon steel resulting in extended sharp time
- More ductile steel than any high carbon steel leads to extended flex life and a cooler running blade.
- This VPC (Variable Positive Claw) blade is designed for straight-line resawing in small to large boards.
- Up to 12 inches wide.
- Tooth design reduces resonance throughout the blade by using different size teeth.
- Which produces a very clean finish almost polishing the wood as it cuts?
Best Band Saw for 2019 – Buying Guide
The reviews above should help you that better understanding of what is the better Band saw entails. The Band saw featured are all suitable for a specific situation. Such as the best Band Saw for you depends on the different factors. You need to explore different factors surrounding your requirement, to determine for the suitability of a particular band saw
The factors included; Power, Safety, Price, Conclusion
The powers of a band saw determine what tasks it can handle are. They are a band saw with little power, and they are specifically designed for lightweight home-based applications. They are powerful band saws designed for heavy-duty and professional applications. For instance, if you are looking for a band saw to go logging, you should take all-powerful band saws. On the other hand, it is not very much to spend on an expensive powerful band saw, if all you need to do is trim hedges or cut tree and wood branches.
Being able to work easily and efficiently is very important. Your safety is the most important though. Such as, you need to ensure that the band saws you get have all the necessary safety measure in place. The band saw needs to have an anti-kickback able system to protect your body from injuries. The more of the safety measure of the more suitable it is. It should be also having relevant certification from the relevant bodies, to stamp it is suitability. The most safety starts with proper operation knowledge of the band saws you have. Ensure that you fully understand how to operate the band saw and you can effectively control it.
The price of the band saws is always the final determination of whether you are going to purchase it. Take time to compare with the different options of your budget and find out which is the best value for you. The best band saws may have the same featured but different price and depend on the various brands. Go to the market to buy the best band saws within your budget and one that fits your requirements. Ensure that you get the best band saw for the money and woodwork you have.
The reviews and buying guide above should help you find out the best band saw for you and down to your best-suited band saw. If looking for woodworking best band saw should no longer be such a daunting task. The review is quite too long. You cannot be able to recall all the details in it. Such as, below is a list of all the best band saws featured in the review. The description below highlights the respective feature of the band saws as well as their prices. You can quickly skim through the list and find your best-suited band saws.