Best Camping Hatchet Review and Buying Guide 2020
On any camping trips, the need for wood cutting is significant. Even if you are an environment lover and take only the dead woods from the forest wood, you will still need to cut it according to the right size. Cutting the wood is necessary because you surely do not want the flaming woods to stick out of the fire pit.
This is why it is essential to buy the best camping hatchet in the market.
It is challenging to buy the best outdoor camping hatchets as there are many available in the marketplace. You need to have the best camping hatchet so that you can enjoy the best time while camping.
The best camping hatchet is needed so you are never be set by the obdurate log and can also stay safe and warm.
Therefore while choosing the right camping hatchet; you have to be very careful. There are many camping hatchets for you, and they claim to be the best camping hatchets in the market, but in reality, they are useless.
Here is a list of the best camping hatchet:
The Six Best Camping Hatchet Reviews
1. Oak Curve Outfitters Camp Axe with Sheath
Oak Curve camp axe is the best camping hatchet in the market right now. You can use for camping, fishing, hunting, the RV and many other adventures. With the sharp head and lightweight body, the campers are able to take it anywhere they want. This is one of the most flexible hatchets.
- The head is very sharp. You can even cut, split and sharpen woods.
- The handle is weather shock resistant hence; you can work in any environment.
- This is lightweight and can be carried everywhere even as survival gear.
- Satisfaction guaranteed as this is made from the best materials.
You can buy this affordable, durable and very useful hatchet to make your camping days better.
2. Gerber 9-inch hatchet
Gerber is famous for making reasonable and useful camping axes. You can use this axe for doing necessary camping works. With the 9-inch length, this hatchet is great to use. As it comes with an affordable price, this makes a great choice for the camps. Its compact size is best for splitting and chopping.
- Reliable design
- Easy to use
- Length is 9 inches
- Can be used in tactical, hunting, military, and industrial situations.
Not understanding which is the long best camping hatchet? Then, go for the Gerber 9 inch hatchet for your upcoming camping tours.
3. Fiskars 375501-1001 Hatchet Sheath, 14”
Fiskars 375501-1001 Hatchet Sheath is the best carry choice for the campers and hikers. This is great for chopping kindling and medium to small sized logs. Like other axes from Fiskars, this is the best camping hatchet that comes with perfect weight distribution, blade geometry, and super sharp edge.
- Ideal to chop small to medium size logs and kindling
- Lightweight and strong
- The molded head will not get loose over time and prevent the overstrike breakage
- Comes with a super sharp blade for better contact as well as cleaner cuts
4. Gerber Myth Hatchet (31-002698)
Gerber Myth Hatchet is the best game for the hunters. This hatchet is carefully designed with rubber handle and a sharp head. The myth hatchet from Gerber is robust and chops as well as skins very effectively. With the rubber handle, Myth hatchet gives a very good grip for the user. This is the best multipurpose chop and skin blade you can ever use
- Reliable and rugged design
- This can be used for survival, military, industrial, tactical, hunting, and other outdoor situations
- Well balanced
- Molded protective sheath
- Products and materials are fields tested
The customers fell in love with this product, and they called it the best camping hatchet in the market. This is affordable, well-built and can be used in any camping task. So, you can rely on this axe without a second doubt
5. Hults Bruk Tarnaby Hatchet
The Swedish manufactured Tarnaby Hatchet is widely popular for its usability as well as durability. The Tarnaby Hatchet from Hults Bruk has a head weight of 1.25Lbs and handle of 15 inches. Tarnaby is all-purpose compact sized hatchets for doing the basic camping stuff such as working in the garden, slicing small woods, kindling making, etc.
- The head of the axe is hand-forged and also made from best quality Swedish steel.
- The steel of the axe is struck many times for increasing the density and durability as a part o the production process.
- The axe comes in a storage box and a traditional leather protective sheath.
This is one of the best camping hatchets in the market, and if you are looking for something smaller yet powerful, then this is the one for you.
6. Hults Bruk Jonaker Hatchet
Jonaker Hatchet is designed to do camping tasks like kindling making, light clearing, etc. The hatchet comes with the traditional protective sheath made of leather. For most of the backpackers, this is one of the best choices as it can be worn by the belt and carried easily. The Swedish hand-forged steel gives a lifetime guarantee.
- Head is made of solid Swedish steel
- The handle is made of solid American hickory
- Length of handle is 9.4 inches, and the weight of the head is 1 pound
Overall, this made it to the list of best camp hatchet because you can carry it with you anywhere you want. You can do most of the camp works with the Hults Bruk Jonaker Hatchet. If you are looking for a lightweight hatchet for the upcoming short trip then, this is the one for you.
Buying the best camping hatchet in the market
Wondering how to buy the best camping hatchet in the market? In this camping hatchet review, we have purchased together with the ways to choose the right camping hatchet for you.
The materials used for building the camping hatchet should be of high-quality. Therefore, you need to look for a solid shaft and stainless steel hatchet that is strong enough to avoid stunning the arms and hands and also provides a right balance between the shaft and head.
Weight and portability
When you are looking for the best camp hatchet in the market, then you need to sure that the ax is light and portable. Otherwise, it would be tough to carry it with it in the camps.
The efficiency of the blade is one of the most important things of all. Although it is connected to the material used, the width is also very important. So while buying, make sure that you are purchasing a good quality blade that can cut through the woods quickly.
A good and robust grip is necessary so that your hand does not slip while you are swinging. This will save you from losing a few toes.
In this camping hatchet review, we have put together all the necessary information that you need to know for purchasing the best camping hatchet in the market. By choosing any of these hatchets, your camping time would be easier and entertaining. you can check our Best Survival Hatchet