Best Scroll Saw and Reviews
For this post, we have put together a selection of the best scroll saws that currently available. After putting in hundreds of hours of research on 340 different scroll saw and testing dozens of them over the past four years, we have found that the WEN 3920 16-Inch Scroll Saw And DEWALT DW788 1.3 Scroll Saw is the best scroll saws for most people in most wood worker’s house.
It’s more reliable and longer-lasting than anything else at the price, it is relatively lightweight and easy to use, and it cutting well on any wood.
If you are looking for The Best Quality scroll saw. If yes, this might be a good place for you. What is the best scroll saw out in the marketplace right now? We have created the Best scroll Saw Complete list. We have selected the most popular and best quality of scroll saws in the current market and another saw such as Circular Saw,Band Saw, Table Saw, Miter saw help you find the perfect setup.
Which is the best for you?
There are many types of portable scroll saws out there within the market. Finding the best scroll saw among the various may not be terribly easy. They come in numerous styles and with varied features. You will not recognize that one is best suited for you, particularly if you don’t know anything regarding their technical specifications. There are not many scroll saw reviews available either. You shouldn’t worry though! Our team of specialists when out to explore varied types of scroll saws to find out however they compare against each other. They came up with a line-up of some of the best compound scroll saws in the market.
We want you to be able to get the best scroll saw that will best suit your needs, and in order to that, we believe you need to understand scroll saws. Now you can read and check properly our selected best scroll saw for your great job. Take a moment and check our list, it will make sure that you’re buying experience too much easier.
Why you should trust us?
We have been reporting on and testing scroll saw at axereview.com. We’ve collectively looked at more than 290 different types of scroll saw model; spent hundreds of hours testing more than 85 contenders in wood worker’s houses and gardens with different forest layouts; interviewed more than a dozen experts including engineers, repair technicians, and outdoor woodworker specialists; and talked to regular miter saw owners around the country.
So, here are our elected best scroll saws that you can get knowledge about these products and buy.
1. WEN 3920 16-Inch Two-Direction Variable Speed Scroll Saw with Flexible LED Light
Take on the most intricate and artful cuts with the WEN 16-Inch Variable Speed Two-Direction Scroll Saw.
- Cast iron base prevents vibration and walking during operation while the spacious 16-by-11-inch table bevels up to 45 degrees for the angled cut.
- 9/16-inch stroke saws through hard woods up to two inches thick.
- Adjust the speed anywhere from 550 to 1600 strokes per minute with the simple turn of a knob.
- Flexible work light that bends and adjusts to whatever position your heart desires.
- Includes a hold-down foot clamp for securing your project in place.
- Adjustable air pump clears saw dust from your work area to give you a clear line of vision as you cut.
- Unique blade holder accepts both pinned and pinless blades while also allowing users to change the direction of their cut to accommodate their particular workpiece.
2. DEWALT DW788 1.3 Amp 20-Inch Variable-Speed Scroll Saw - Yellow
The DEWALT DW788 20″ Variable-Speed Scroll Saw operates quietly and smoothly for accuracy. Convenient placement on the liftable arm of the dust blower, power switch, and saw adjustments on the front of the upper arm provide for easy adjustment.
- Double parallel-link arm design dramatically reduces vibration and noise for extremely accurate cuts.
- Oversized, cast-iron table provides excellent material support and bevels 45 degrees (left and right).
- The tool-free blade clamp allows for quick and easy blade changes.
- The oversized, cast-iron table provides excellent material support and has the ability to bevel to both the left and right.
- On-off switch, electronic variable speed, flexible dust blower, and blade-tensioning lever are all located on the front upper arm.
- Arm lifts so that blade can be easily threaded through the material for inside cuts.
- Arm design keeps the blade perpendicular to the work, dramatically reducing over or under cutting.
3. Shop Fox W1713 16-Inch Variable Speed Scroll Saw
The Shop Fox Scroll Saw also offers a gooseneck work light, dust blower and dust port, large 45° tilt table and easy blade changes.
- Table lock knob and tilt scale are used to tilt the table for horizontal angle cuts.
- Cut at angles from 0-45-degrees with the table tilt mechanism.
- Adjustable hold-down shoe prevents the workpiece from rising up with the force of the moving blade.
- Accepts standard plain or pin-end saw blades and is designed to make blade changes easy with the included adapters.
- Connect the 1-1⁄4 inch dust port of your scroll saw to a shop vacuum to keep the wood debris from accumulating underneath the table insert.
- Air nozzle blows air at the cutting location to keep wood debris away from the line of the cut.
4. Dremel MS20-01 Moto-Saw Variable Speed Compact Scroll Saw Kit
The Dremel Moto-Saw is a multi-functional scroll saw and coping saw in one. It offers a compact and easy solution for making detailed cuts in a variety of materials, including wood, plastic, laminates and metal.
- Auto-tensioning feature keeps the blade taut and ready to cut so you don’t have to make blade adjustments, and its slim, ergonomic handle with comfort grip provides control in any cutting position.
- Auto tensioning quick change mechanism for easy accessory change and optimal blade tensioning.
- Portable, precision saw is easy to store, set-up, and operate and features a tool-free mechanism for quick blade changes.
- Detachable coping function for handheld use to take the tool to the work piece.
- Functions as a stationary scroll saw, yet it can be removed from its base to become a portable electric coping saw.
- Variable speed control for optimal cutting in a variety of materials.
- Fast clamp base attaches to various tables, benches and surfaces.
5. Delta Power Tools 40-694 20 In. Variable Speed Scroll Saw
The Delta Power Tools 40-694 20 inch variable speed scroll saw is designed for quality and precision. The unique dual parallel-link arm design reduces vibration and noise and keeps the blade perpendicular to the work surface which dramatically reduces over or undercutting, improving accuracy and quality.
- Electronic variable speed can be adjusted from 400-1,750 SPM for a wide array of cutting applications.
- Single lever, tool-free blade tensioning allows for quickly adjusting the blade to the proper tension which maximizes blade life and accuracy.
- Upper arm lifts and locks in the raised position during blade changes or while adjusting blade position for fretwork.
- The large, cast-iron table provides excellent material support and bevels 0° – 45° left and right.
- Tool-free blade clamp allows for quick, easy blade changes in seconds.
- On/Off switch, electronic variable speed dial, flexible dust blower, and blade-tensioning lever are all conveniently located up front on the arm for easy accessibility.
Don’t Forget To buy This saw Blade
6. Hegner 18" Variable Speed Scroll Saw
The HEGNER 18″ Variable Speed saw is compact, quiet, precise and versatile, lets you cut almost any material and make a wide variety of projects. HEGNER scroll saws are known for easy blade installation, long blade life, superb cutting control, smooth and quiet operation, accurate sawing, smooth edges without sanding, and unsurpassed reliability.
- Double Quicklock Tensioning System
- Electronic Variable Speed Induction Motor
- Highly Precise and Reliable
- 7 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty against defects
- Recommended Stand sold separately on this site
7. General International Excalibur Scroll Saw
The Excalibur 21″ variable speed scroll saw Kit has a unique design that provides a stable platform when cutting straight or on an angle.
- Allows the user to better control the work piece on a flat table surface, for more safe and accurate cuts.
- Convenient foot switch and adjusting height metal stand.
- Entire head tilts 45 deg to the left or the right.
- Upper and lower parallel arms keep the blade straight with minimal blade deflection allowing for precise cuts.
8. PORTER-CABLE 18" Variable Speed Scroll Saw
The PORTER-CABLE PCB375SS features a broad 12-5/8″ x 20″ aluminum dual tilting table, enabling 45 degrees left and 15 degrees right bevel cuts for a range of accurate cut angles visible on a scale conveniently and securely situated in the tabletop.
- Cutting heights ranging from 2-1/4″ (45 degrees right) and 1-1/4″ (45 degrees left) to 2-1/4″ (maximum cutting height).
- Includes an upfront on/off switch that simplifies speed control changes between 500-1,500 SPM.
- Die-cast aluminum frame, and a large cast-iron base that reduces vibration.
- Upfront tool-less blade holder and a cam-action blade tension adjustment allow woodworkers to quickly and easily change and regulate pin or plain blades.
- Includes blade storage and a sturdy steel stand.
9. Rockwell BladeRunner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw with Steel Rip Fence
The all-new Rockwell RK7323 BladeRunner X2 is the Ultimate Cutting Machine. This versatile and convenient saw that sets up in seconds to cut wood, ceramic tile, plastic, metal, and aluminum.
- Uses standard t-shank jigsaw blades with instant, tool-free blade changes which allows you to go from cutting one material to another quickly and easily.
- Hold-down guard and splitter that cuts wider material and a larger rip fence for better control.
- Included accessories: a miter gauge, rip fence, general purpose blade for wood, scroll cutting blade for wood, a tile blade for ceramic tile, a metal cutting blade and an aluminum cutting blade.
- Built-in vacuum port that makes clean-up easy and a blade-holding compartment to keep your blades with the tool.
- Traditional guard and splitter system allows for unlimited capacity for cross and rips cuts.
- Easy to carry anywhere with its lightweight and compact design and built-in carry handle.
10. Excalibur EX-16 16" Tilting Head Scroll Saw
General International, Excalibur Scroll saws are the highest quality of the scroll saw industry. The EX-16, 16” Variable Speed Scroll saw offers versatility and functionality for artful and intricate cuts.
- Upper and lower blade guard assembly helps prevent accidental hand contact with the blade, switch protection device prevents unintentional start-up
- Unique head tilting 30° left and 45° right (not table tilting) keeps the workpiece level for better control and more accurate cuts — 2” max cutting depth
- Variable speed of 400-1400 strokes per minute — easy access speed and tension Controls with constant torque permanent magnet motor
- Onboard dust blower for direction dust extraction hook-up
- Large 12″ x 18.5″ table surface, quick blade changes with a finger, operated blade Clamps, no tools required
11. 16 inch Variable Speed Scroll Saw by HF tools
The variable-speed scroll saw does a beautiful job cutting highly intricate curves and designs quickly and precisely. Completely adaptable to your cutting requirements, it has a tilting table for making precise bevel cuts and a built-in air pump keeps your line of sight clear of sawdust to help you make detailed scrolling cuts. The base is constructed of cast iron for less vibration and of course, the variable speed control offers for a wide range of materials.
- Variable speed for working with a wide range of materials
- 10 in. x 16 in. table tilts 45 deg. left for bevel cuts
- Cuts wood up to 2 in. thick
- 16 in. throat
- Cast iron base for less vibration
- Pre-drilled base holes for easy bench mounting
- Amperage: 0.4
- Speed: 400-1600 strokes per minute
- Blade length: 5in
- Weight: 23lb
- Stroke: 1in
The best scroll saw for 2019 – Buying Guide
The reviews above should help you that better understanding of what is the Best Scroll saw entails. The Scroll saw featured are all suitable for a specific situation. Such as, the best scroll saw for you depends on the different factors. You need to explore different factors surrounding your requirement, to determine for the suitability of a particular scroll saw the factors included; Power, Safety, Price, Conclusion
The powers of scroll saw determine what tasks it can handle are. They are Scroll saw with little power, and they are specifically designed for lightweight home-based applications. They are powerful Scroll saw designed for heavy-duty and professional applications. For instance, if you are looking for a Scroll saw to go logging, you should take all-powerful Scroll saw. On the other hand, it is not very much to spend on expensive power full Scroll saw, if all you need to do is trim hedges or cut tree and wood branches.
Being able to work easily and efficiently is very important. Your safety is the most important though. Such as, you need to ensure that the scroll saw you get have all the necessary safety measure in place. The scroll saw needs to have an anti-kickback able system to protect your body from injuries. The more of the safety measure of the more suitable it is. It should be also having relevant certification from the relevant bodies, to stamp it is suitability. The most safety starts with proper operation knowledge of the Scroll saw you have. Ensure that you fully understand how to operate the Scroll saw and you can effectively control it.
The price of the Scroll saw is always the final determination of whether you are going to purchase it. Take time to compare with the different options of your budget and find out which is the best value for you. The Best Scroll saw may have the same featured but different price and depend on the various brands. Go to the market to buy the Best Scroll saw within your budget and one that fits your requirements. Ensure that you get the Best Scroll saw for the money and woodwork you have.
The reviews and buying guide above should help you find out the Best Scroll saw for you and down to your best-suited Scroll saw. If looking for woodworking Best Scroll saw should no longer be such a daunting task. The review is quite too long. You cannot be able to recall all the details in it. Such as, below is a list of the entire Best Scroll saw featured in the review. The description below highlights the respective feature of the best Scroll saw as well as their prices. You can quickly skim through the list and find your best-suited Scroll saw.
We hope that the list of the Best Scroll saw was helping you.